How to make a booking
Phone or email us, we will confirm availability and price.
A deposit of £100 (week bookings) or £50 (2-4 day bookings) secures your booking, the balance is due 4 weeks before your visit. For bookings made less than 4 weeks before your arrival, the full price is due immediately.
How do I pay?
By BACS (bank transfer) - I'll let you know the sort code and account number, tell me when you have paid and I'll acknowledge receipt.
Or post a cheque payable to Michael McDonald to 6 Deer Park, Glen Massan, Dunoon PA23 8RA, I'll acknowledge receipt.
Or using a card via Paypal: ask me and I'll send you a Paypal payment request, which you pay with your credit or debit card. I try to avoid this due to Paypal's charges - but it is available!
The Small Print!
Post Office House, Kilmun Terms and Conditions of Rent
1. All terms quoted are the basic price per week, or short break, for the lodge equipped as described
2. These will apply unless otherwise agreed in writing.
3. All prices are inclusive of bed linen and towels.
4. Electricity for heating is included, one basket of logs is supplied for the wood burning stove.
5. Guests are liable for payment for any damage or breakages.
6. Post Office House is available for your occupancy from 4pm onwards. Earlier arrival may be possible - just ask.
7. You must vacate the lodge by 11.00a.m. on the day of departure. Later departure may be possible, just ask. Late departures that have not been arranged in advance will be charged an additional day.
8. The lodge must be left in a clean and tidy condition. Guests will be liable for additional charges if extra cleaning is required.
9. A deposit as indicated in the booking form or otherwise advised, is requested at the time of booking. Under the distance selling regulations should you decide to cancel within 7 days of us receiving the booking, this deposit is refundable, otherwise it is non-refundable. We advise that you insure against the loss of your deposit.
10. Our receipt of your email booking request, or telephone agreement, or letter requesting booking, together with the deposit constitutes agreement of all the terms and conditions. Just ask if you require a receipt for the deposit.
11. We cannot accept a booking from persons under 18 years of age.
12. Occupation should not exceed 3 persons without specific agreement from ourselves.
13. The balance of payment is due 4 weeks before arrival.
14. All bookings made within 4 weeks of arrival must be paid in full at the time of the reservation.
15. Payment will not be refunded if a holiday is cancelled, unless we are able to relet the property. We strongly recommend that you take out insurance to cover the unavoidable cancellation of your holiday.
17. The booking is made on the understanding that the property will be available for your let. However should this not be possible for reasons beyond our control, e.g. Fire, damage, etc we would return your payment in full and you would have no claim against us.
Admission and Eviction
18. We reserve the right to refuse to let the property to anyone we feel is unsuitable. In such an event your monies would be refunded to you in full.
19. We also reserve the right to cancel your holiday and demand that you leave the house because of unreasonable behaviour or disturbance. We would refund pro rata for the remaining days of your holiday, less the cost of any damage or other losses
20. We reserve the right in special circumstances to enter the property during your occupation
21. There is public parking 15metres from the house. All vehicles and their contents are parked at the owners risk.
Dogs and pets
22. A well-behaved dog or two is welcome by prior arrangement and subject to £30 payment, which may be waived if there is no additional cleaning etc required on their departure.
23. Pets must not be allowed on furniture or beds.